The original Dead Space will always be remembered as a game that scares the crap out of you and as much as I loved the first two titles, this one falls short in terms of atmosphere. With that being said, everything else feels a lot better in Dead Space 3. The game feels more fast paced than the first two titles and you are never given a moment to rest or even think of what weapon to choose from. I found myself looking behind most of the time because I was so scared of someone coming after me and scaring the crap out of me. After having completed the game, I definitely feel like the game was extremely well made and the fans of the original Dead Space will absolutely love this game. The graphics are superb and there are some scenes that really stand out in the game. You will know what I'm talking about when you play the game. The sound is what makes this game stand out from every other game out there. I cannot explain how realistic the sound in this game is. You will have to play the game to find out because there's no word to describe how great the sound is.
It's a bit scary how real everything looks in this game with high level of detail in both the environment and characters. The character animations are some of the best I have seen in my life. One of the things that make this game such an incredible experience is the lighting, environment and the artists have done an incredible job at making this game feel like a real place. Some of the environments in the game remind me of Doom 3 which is great because I loved Doom 3. There are some portions of the game where you just have to stop, look around and just absorb all the details that is around you.
The sound in this game does an amazing job at creating an incredible atmosphere of fear and tension throughout the game. There were some moments where I became so scared because I kept hearing squishy sounds coming from the air vent but I didn't know where exactly that I almost ran away from the computer. I honestly believe that the sound in this game is its best and strongest point.
The gameplay in Dead Space is excellent and it gives you a variety of interesting guns. The controls feel great and fluid for most of the time but there were some moments when you get crowded by monsters and it's hard to focus. Creatures are killed easily when you shoot off their limbs but usually take a lot of hits if you're just aiming for the body so it lends a whole strategic kind of thing to the mayhem. The gameplay is similar to Dead Space 2 so that's nice.
Overall, I found Dead Space 3 to be an improvement from Dead Space 2. It has amazing graphics, a great story, and one of the most realistic sound experiences you will ever find in a game. The only negative that I can think of is that I found the original Dead Space game to be creepier than Dead Space 3 but that doesn't mean Dead Space 3 isn't creepy because it is. I definitely recommend it to the fans who loved the first two titles because Dead Space 3 will make you crap your pants. I give this game a 10/10 even though I didn't find it to be as creepy as the original game.
Dead Space 3 brings Isaac Clarke and merciless soldier John Carver on a journey across space to discover the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Crash-landed on the frozen planet of Tau Volantis, Isaac must comb the harsh environment for raw materials and scavenged parts. He will then put his engineering skills to the ultimate test to create and customize weapons and survival tools. The ice planet holds the key to ending the Necromorph plague forever, but first Isaac must overcome avalanches, treacherous ice-climbs, and the violent wilderness. Facing deadlier evolved enemies and the brutal elements, Isaac can choose to team up, not only for his own survival, but for that of mankind's. Play together with a friend or go it alone as Isaac Clarke using the seamless new drop in, drop out co-op functionality. Each mode offers unique story elements and gameplay.
- Team up and take down the terror together
- Play the full campaign in online co-op or single player
- Easy drop-in and drop-out play
- Head planet side and experience a hostile new environment
- Discover underworld cities and accept side missions
- Explore the frozen terrain and search abandoned encampments
- Uncover the past and embark on a thrilling expedition to save mankind
- Discover the source of the Necromorph terror and fight to fend off the extinction of the human race
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP1) or Windows 7
- CPU: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista or Windows 7)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
- ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
- 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required
- DirectX: The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
- Hard drive: At least 10GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games.