Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 delivers premium PC protection from all Internet threats, ensuring you're always safe as you use the web to bank, shop, surf, social network, and more. Unique technologies, such as Safe Money and Secure Keyboard, protect your financial transactions via online banks, payment systems such as PayPal, and e-stores. Plus, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is optimized for maximum performance, so you'll never be slowed down as you use the Internet to its full potential.
Kaspersky Internet Security has yet again proved itself as a dominant player in the security market with its 2013 version. Almost any internet security comes with a 2 way Firewall, anti-spam and anti-identity theft tools. Tools which are not usually included in the anti-virus suites of any company. Hence I always suggest people to buy Internet Security suites and not just the anti-virus, regardless of the security company in question. Anyway, here are some points as to why I like Kaspersky Internet Security.
|Kaspersky Internet Security 2013|
- Often security softwares tend to be unnecessarily complicated, causing the users to not use most of the features that the software comes with. Thankfully, Kaspersky has a user friendly interface which is usable to people of almost any technical level. The software notifies you in a very non-obtrusive way when a potential threat is detected. Different features in the software such as Network monitoring, handling quarantine, scanning, updating, etc. is very easy.
- The drawback of having any anti-virus program is that it bogs down your processor and ram, and seems intrusive in most actions you might take. Kaspersky Internet Security on the other hand is very light on the system, using under 5mb of ram in the background, which is astoundingly low.
- I have used many paid and free internet security solutions out there. McAfee, Norton, AVG amongst others. And time and again I see that Kaspersky Internet Security is the most successful in blocking worms, trojans and viruses. Quite savvy with technology, I very rarely present myself to a vulnerable situation. But even then, my computer does come in contact with infected files somehow or the other (flash drives usually). But Kaspersky Internet Security has kept me safe every single file.
- Safe Money - This is one of the killer features of Kaspersky. I use online commerce and banking services alot. Hence that makes me paranoid about wanting to stay protected. And Kaspersky Internet Security has helped me easy that paranoia to a large extent with this feature. Despite encryption and other means, commerce online is still faced with vulnerabilities in the network and browser. So when you visit the login page of the desired commerce website (like ebay, paypal or your bank website) Kaspersky Internet Security opens a new protected instance of your browser, and checks the URL and certificate of the website. This is especially important as scammers often use legitimate looking spoofs of websites and grab hold of the customer's info once they enter it (this is called phishing. This is a great feature!
- Finally Kaspersky Internet Security installs nifty little things like a virtual keyboard and anti spam banner on your browsers. These again help thwart spurious websites and keyloggers.
- Kaspersky Internet Security also comes with highly customizable parental control features, which help protect and control the computer use of your child.
- Real-time protection against all viruses and Internet threats
- Secures online banking and shopping with unique Safe Money technology
- Uses real-time, proactive and cloud technologies to detect new, emerging and unknown threats
- Instant safety checks on fi les, applications and websites
- Rollback of harmful malware activity
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / 2000 / XP