The bottom reviews are by a bunch of people who have no clue hows business works. Of course McAfee and Norton will try to have you renew their product for the full price, that is how they make the money. The lazy and stupid people will go ahead and renew without shopping around. If you are smart and use your head like you are supposed to, you will shop around and usually find the newer retail version for cheaper than the renewal fee. All you do is input the new CD Key into your account and you are golden.
McAfee is so much better than Norton. It takes less memory usage and does not slow down your computer. I have been working in the IT industry for the past 7 years and basically only use McAfee. It's easy to use and setup. It's on all the work computers and personal computers. Have never had any issues with it unlike Norton. Norton would still permit spyware and virus to enter where mcafee stops it dead.
|McAfeeTotal Protection 2013|
Product Features McAfeeTotal Protection 2013
- New High-performance scanning engine-We built our next-generation scanning engine to guard your PC from the latest viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other threats, all without seriously compromising battery life or slowing your PC down.
- Enhance Safe searching and shopping-With color-coded icons next to every search result, including popular social networking sites, you'll know if the site you're about to visit is safe
- Enhance Anti spam -We'll filter out all the shady stuff to keep you and your inbox protected. And the anti -spam engine integrates with new technology to make sure the right emails are making it into your inbox
- Parental controls let you block inappropriate sites with age based rules and adjustable categories.
- Find out what your kids have been up to online through the surfing report. You'll know when they log in, any attempts to access forbidden sites, and how much time they've spent online